February 9, 2011

Lamb Chops

This is my first experiment with Lamb. My Mom's very good friend makes awesome food. I made my first biryani (Veg) under her supervision and using her recipe. Anything she cooks tastes yumm!
I had always heard that she makes awesome non-vegetarian food too. Back in those days, I never ate non-vegetarian food, so missed out on her yummy Lamb Chops! I got to make it using her recipe and so I asked her right from how to marinate to how many whistles to take in the cooker.

Ingredients:
Lamb Chops - 4 pieces
Yogurt - 1tbspn
Garam Masala:
   Cloves - 3
   Cardamom - 3
   Jeera/Shahjeera - 1 tspn
   Black Pepper Corns - 3
To Grind:
   Mint Leaves - 2 strands
   Shredded Coconut - 2 tbspn
   Green Chillies - 3
   Cashewnuts - 3-4
   Red Chilli Powder - 1 tspn
   Ginger Garlic Paste - 3/4 tbspn

Lemon Juice - 1 teaspn
Salt
Egg- 1
Oil

Procedure:
  1. Clean the Lamb Chops and set aside
  2. Heat a little oil in a small wok and fry the items under garam masala and set aside
  3. Now make a paste of the all the ingredients under the 'To Grind' section including the garam masala
  4. Add Lemon juice, yogurt and salt to the paste and marinate the lamb chops with the masala and keep for 3-4 hours (Overnight is preferred)
  5. Now, put the lamb chops in the pressure cooker and take 2 whistles and then keep on low flame for 3minutes.
  6. Take the lamb chops out of the cooker after the steam has gone (takes 10 minutes or so). Be careful when handling hot food items.
  7. Now, beat one egg with a pinch of salt and dip the lamb chops in it and shallow fry till it becomes golden.
  8. Now sit and relish the Chops with some Biryani and Boondi Raita!
Variation:
If you do not have yogurt at home, just increase the amount of shredded coconut or add some coconut milk.

Conclusion:
Successful first experiment with lamb chops. I am drooling as I am writing this :)



Taboo

No comments:

Post a Comment