March 10, 2011

Cauliflower Pakoda/Batter Dipped Cauliflower

Using less oil in every food item is my basic idea. I am not a person who would eat or cook fried food every now and then. But my husband is a BIG FAN of fried food due to the variety of pakodas and fish fries my mother-in-law makes.
One fine evening it was raining in Los Angeles and we were returning from work. I desperately wanted to eat onion pakodas and as per my husband's request some cauliflower pakodas were made too! I just remembered some of the ingredients my mother-in-law had put when she was visiting us and they are...

Ingredients:
Cauliflower - 1LB
Jeera/Cumin Powder - 1/4 tspn
Dhaniya/Coriander Powder - 1/2 tspn
Red Chilli Powder - 1tspn
Besan - 2 tbspn
Rava/Suji - 1 tbspn
Salt
Oil for frying

Procedure: 

  1. Mix Besan, rava/suji, 1 tspn red chilli powder, 1/2 tspn Dhaniya Powder, 1/4 tspn Jeera Powder, salt and turmeric.
  2. Mix well making sure that the cauliflowers are lightly coated with the mixture.
  3. Heat oil in a wok. When oil is heated, add 1 tbspn of hot oil in the cauliflower mixture and mix well.
  4. Now fry the cauliflowers till they become dark golden or brown in color.


Variations: 
Be creative and use some other vegetables of your choice. But nothing can beat Cauliflower!!

Conclusion:
Yummy Crispy Cauliflower Pakodas on a rainy evening tasted really awesome. Now I am a fan of the cauliflower pakodas too.

No comments:

Post a Comment