March 25, 2011

Herbed Chicken in Red Wine Sauce

Once my colleague got chicken in red color sauce which looked very tempting. I asked her what it is and she casually told me what all it had. Being an experimenter at eating and cooking, I had to give it a shot. So I got all the ingredients and decided to make it my way.
This has exciting ingredient like Wine. This type of chicken can be made in different ways as per the taste. I used veggies that I use for stir fry and made it as I make stir fry.

Ingredients:
Dry Red Wine - 3/4 bottle
Chicken - 2 LB
Corn Starch - 2 tspn
Garlic - 2 cloves
Bell Peppers, Sliced - 1
Onions, sliced - 1
Zucchini, sliced - 1 (Optional)
Carrots, sliced - 2 (Optional)
Crushed Red Chilli - 2
Ground Black Pepper
Rosemary herb - 1/2 tbspn
Italian Herb - 1/2 tbspn
Salt

Procedure: 
  1. Heat some oil in a wok and sautee all the vegetables and garlic. Add the herbs and salt to it and keep it aside.
  2. Now pour 3/4 bottle of wine (and drink the rest ;) ) in another wok and cook it.
  3. Mix 2 tbspns of water and the corn starch together. Make sure there are no lumps.
  4. When the wine starts boiling, add the corn starch mixture and mix well. The wine will form lumps of corn starch, make sure you mix it well.
  5. Now add the chicken and the veggies and let it cook for 45-55 mins or till the sauce becomes thick.
  6. Serve this with hot garlic rice.
Variations: 
I added Zucchini  and carrots to it. You can add as many vegetables as you like.
Also, this can be made in a similar way in white wine as well.


Conclusion:
The wine sauce doesn't give a buzz as the alcohol has vanished due to cooking. So relax and enjoy!!







No comments:

Post a Comment