January 31, 2011

Dark Chocolate Coated Strawberries


Recently, I kind of became famous for my cakes and cupcakes and few of my friends demanded for some. I took it as an opportunity to improve my decorating skills. I wanted to make fresh strawberry frosting and I needed only one strawberry, but the stores sell a whole basket. So I had to buy them and think of making something out of them.
Luckily, my husband's cousin and her husband were visiting us in LA (For the first time). And I thought of making some chocolate dipped strawberries for them.

Ingredients:
Big-sized strawberries - 12
Good Quality Dark chocolate (Chopped/ chips) - 2 ounces
Good Quality White chocolate (Chopped/ chips) - 1/2 ounce
Butter - 1/2 tspn + 1/4 tspn
Parchment Paper

Method of Preparation:
  1. Wash some big sized strawberries and dry them well and keep them aside.
  2. Put the butter and chocolate together in a microwaveable bowl (Prefer to use glass bowl) and microwave it for a minute on med heat.
  3. Take it out and stir it and repeat step 2 till the chocolate is completely melted.
  4. OR
  5. On a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter till chocolate is completely melted.
  6. Now hold the stem of the strawberry and dip them in the molten chocolate and place it on a parchment paper
  7. Now in similar way,  you can melt white chocolate and using a fork, just garnish the strawberries (I did not do this step as I ended up burning the chocolate as I did not use the microwaveable bowls)
  8. Place them in the refrigerator and relish them after an hour or so.
Variation:
You can use milk chocolate or any other type of chocolate.
If you don't have butter, you can directly melt the chocolate chips without it and it will still taste the same.

Conclusion:
Strawberries put to good use and an amazing desert made in minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment