January 19, 2011

Healthy Potato Chips




I had recently made the Turkey patty and my Husband demanded the Spicy Turkey Patty Burger for dinner. I was so sure that he wouldn't eat only turkey burger, he needs some kind of side dish with it (it's his food habits, can't blame him). So I thought of making Potato Chips with it.
This was a simple recipe I found online and I had to experiment with it with some modifications to it.

Objective: 
An accompaniment with Turkey burger.

Ingredients:
Red Potatoes Sliced Paper-thin  - 3
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Ground Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon (Optional)
Parchment Paper
Oil - 2 tbspoon

Method of Preparation:
  1. Place the parchment paper on a dinner plate or microwave turntable.
  2. Put the potato slices in a ziploc bag with oil in it and mix the potatoes well.
  3. Place one slice at a time on the parchment paper (Do not overlap)
  4. Put it in the microwave for 3-4 minutes (Depending on the power of the microwave. I burnt my first lot due to the high power of my microwave)
  5. Let the slices be golden brown (Else they won't be crispy enuff)
  6. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the slices and let them cool
  7. Repeat the procedure till all the slices are done.
Variations:
You can add cajun flavoring or any other flavoring as per your taste.

Conclusion:
Happy Husband who would (hopefully) not complain that there was no side dish. :)
These taste like the store bought ones but much more healthier.




No comments:

Post a Comment