February 4, 2013

French Toast

Brunch time special french toast can be easily made at home. I realized a little late that I can make it at home the way I like it and earn some brownie points from the hubby and others too. With this in mind, I decided to give it a try. I recently made Scrumptious Chocolate Pecan Bread Pudding and thought that French toast can be made with similar ingredients.

To suffice my craving for brunch time food that I usually order at any restaurant, I decided to make it at home (cost efficient and also because of my newborn baby I couldn't go out very often).

Ingredients: 
Thick Bread slices - 4
Eggs - 2
Milk/Fresh Cream - 1/2 cup
Ground Cinnamon - 1/8 tspn
Ground Nutmeg - 1 pinch
Sugar - 1 tbspn
Vanilla extract - 1/2 tspn
Powdered Sugar - 1/2 tbspn

Procedure: 

  1. Beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon and nutmeg till well mixed. 
  2. Heat a griddle on medium heat and spray oil on it
  3. Now dip the bread slices in the egg mixture on both sides and place it on the griddle. Cook on both sides till it becomes golden brown.
  4. Sprinkle some powdered sugar and drizzle some chocolate syrup on top and serve it with your choice of fruits and maple syrup (if desired).

Variations: 
Sugar can be adjusted as per your taste. Also, spices can be added or removed to suite your taste buds.

Conclusion:
No need to go to the restaurants for french toast anymore :). I can try new things at brunch now.

No comments:

Post a Comment